Darkness Rising - Part 3
January 26th, 2016, 1:37 pm
Average Rating: 5.00
January 26th, 2016, 1:37 pmReply
It's okay, they didn't interrupt anything important.
I don't want to jinx things, but I think I'm finally starting to get my motivation back for working on this comic. We'll see how things go from here.
April 30th, 2017, 4:10 amReply
January 26th, 2016, 2:30 pmReply
...I'm not sure why I didn't expect the other end of that scene to appear here at some point.Nashew,
January 26th, 2016, 2:41 pmReply
I'm so happy to finally see this in KA. xDBattleStarX,
January 26th, 2016, 3:04 pmReply
Hmm... just what does purple smell like? I could certainly do with knowing, maybe I'd finally be able to tell blue and purple apart!Warpstar,
January 26th, 2016, 3:09 pmReply
I was waiting for this to happen sooner or later.
@BattleStarX: Doo, are you gonna be fine with this. Like the whole, they 're going to Kaaby's world thing?
January 26th, 2016, 3:39 pmReply
@Warpstar: It's their funeral if they try by force, but she'd probably do it if asked. Any chance to use heavy equipment, power tools and things of the like.Warpstar,
January 26th, 2016, 3:40 pmReply
@BattleStarX: I mean like, are you letting them in?Calebgames (Guest),
January 26th, 2016, 3:53 pmReply
January 26th, 2016, 3:56 pmReply
@Warpstar: Are you insinuating that random invasions from alternate worlds would be unusual in my comic world?Warpstar,
January 26th, 2016, 3:57 pmReply
@BattleStarX: Good point.MT (Guest),
January 26th, 2016, 4:55 pmReply
it didnt take as long this timeSuperScratchkat,
January 26th, 2016, 6:24 pmReply
this whole "every kirby comic is a universe in a vast multiverse only traverseable through shenanigans" idea lines up surprisingly well to the way i see things.
this is going to make kirby comic crossovers a lot easier.
January 27th, 2016, 9:00 amReply
@Ultizeta Do you have any tips for someone who wants to start a Kirby comic?Ultizeta,
January 28th, 2016, 11:10 amReply
1. If you're just starting out, you're going to be bad. If you simply accept that but strive to have a good time and work on building your experience, you'll have a better time overall making any comic, Kirby-related or not.
2. Make sure you know proper comic-creation. Judging from your desire to make a Kirby comic, presumably you'll be using sprites, so make sure you know how to recolor, remove sprite sheet excess, and zoom in properly.
3. Keep the cast small. Gigi, BSX, and I, we all have had this same basic problem with our comics. Too many Kirbies makes it hard to learn them all, and introducing more later on only muddies things if the starting characters still have recognition issues. I'd also recommend not only keeping the main cast less than 6, but also trying to not have them all be Kirbies, as constant recolors is a trope of these kinds of comics that can make character differentiation difficult.
4. Take inspiration but don't copy outright. There are a lot of Kirby comics on this site, so while you can look at what other people are doing, try and put your own, fresh spin on things rather than doing the exact same stuff. It won't be worth reading your comic if there's nothing new to see. It doesn't have to be 100% original, building upon others' work is how anything gets made ever, but definitely try to make it *yours*.
5. Most importantly, try and have fun with it! Don't let anything scare you off or make you feel like it's not worth it, unless you're just flat out not having fun making it. While it's important to remember comics are for the entertainment of others, you the author should also be the first one you're entertaining.
January 28th, 2016, 12:39 pmReply
@Ultizeta: Thanks!endermanx555 (Guest),
January 30th, 2016, 9:12 pmReply
@Ultizeta: this comic is my freaking thing m8 i hope you dont losr motivation for it i want you to know there are still fans that have high hopes for this comic and we will support you in tough times not everyone has time to make comics or have time in general even if this comic dosent continue i will still be there for a great comic artist like you.noiise,
February 1st, 2016, 1:32 pmReply
Why aren't their mouths moving when they talkCapedLuigisYoshi,
February 1st, 2016, 9:08 pmReply
@noiise: Because working with the sprites to have talking mouths that don't look awkward is actually kind of tricky.Light and Shadow,
February 2nd, 2016, 3:10 pmReply
How did I miss these last two updates? And the idea of an interdimensional transporter? Smart.MT (Guest),
February 2nd, 2016, 8:31 pmReply
that page of kirby the dee army was a refrance to thisDon't Take Me Seriously (Guest),
February 6th, 2016, 11:34 pmReply
Seriously, don't take me seriously. Except do. I want moar.
U scrb, y u los sped. is ben 12 dyz. updt plz.Pasca46 (Guest),
February 7th, 2016, 6:40 pmReply
Wait a second, I just realised something... If Kieto is dead, how is Not-Kieto going to feel about the fact that they didn't tell him? XDWaddleDeeKing (Guest),
February 8th, 2016, 6:25 pmReply
Oh... My god... I can just smell a crossover.
Or is that the smell of purple? I can't tell.
February 22nd, 2016, 5:51 pmReply
Why, the smell of purple can be described as mildly strongly tangerine, the one that can only be found in the northsouthern parts of Easterly West Istanbul with a hint of oregano.yoskichu (Guest),
February 27th, 2016, 8:41 amReply
@Pasca46:Maybe *gaspage* he'll die 2!Pasca46,
February 27th, 2016, 9:00 pmReply
@yoskichu: Why would he die...?-
OH NO METAL SONIC HAS TAKEN OVER THE COMIC! *sadface*
March 13th, 2016, 7:45 pmReply
Is it just me or you are taking a long break again?Guest,
March 13th, 2016, 7:48 pmReply
@BattleStarX: I do not knowTheGreenShyGuy,
March 15th, 2016, 12:49 amReply
@Calebgames: It happens...
Like every other comic.
March 17th, 2016, 1:27 pmReply
@TheGreenShyGuy: Well, the chapter IS called "Break".TheGreenShyGuy,
March 22nd, 2016, 5:32 pmReply
@ForestFire: Huh. WELL I GUESS IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW.WaddleDeeKing (Guest),
March 27th, 2016, 11:06 pmReply
@TheGreenShyGuy: Maybe that's true.
If the word Break had a smell, would it be the smell of purple?
Or would Crossover smell like purple?
WHAT DOES PURPLE SMELL LIKE!?
March 27th, 2016, 11:08 pmReply